Beach days are made for lounging! When you pair perfect weather with a good book it can be extremely relaxing. During my visit to Miami last weekend that is exactly what I did. While I was hanging out at the beach I shared this pic on my Facebook page.
Before anyone starts judging this was my first time trying the Bud Light Mang-O-Rita. Surprisingly it was so good even if it is considered “thot juice” (LOL). If you don’t get that reference be glad! Anyway, since I promised a summer reading list here are 5 books that I’ve been reading/read.
1. The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle – A guide to spiritual enlightenment that strongly suggests that living in the now is the truest path to happiness and enlightenment. The book aims to help readers find their true and deepest self and reach the ultimate in personal growth and spirituality.
2. You Are A Badass by Jen Sincero – A blunt how-to guide of your own transformation. A guide aimed to helping you create the money, relationships, career and general all around awesomeness you so desire.
3. #Girlboss by Sophia Amoruso A success story from the founder/CEO of Nasty Gal strictly for those seeking a unique path to success, even when that path is winding as all hell and lined with naysayers.
4. Grace by Max Lucado – A strong reminder that there’s more to grace than we’ve ever imagined. Max challenges readers to receive grace but also to be changed, shaped, and strengthened by grace.
5. A Perfect Recipe by Heather Lindsey – An all-in-one book that encourages you to spend time with God, challenges your daily walk to grow as a Christian, and provides great recipes and awesome health tips.