1. Be yourself no matter what people think, say, or do! A cliché statement that is often overlooked. People may not understand you now but eventually they will catch on. Trinidad James has shown us that self-confidence is everything!
2. Dress your reality. Your personal style should be a true reflection of your reality. Trinidad James is proof that you can dress as free as your heart desires. His take on fashion is exactly that…his and he makes no apologies.
(even if he does resemble Jerome)
3. Gold will never go out of style. Some may argue it never left but I think it’s safe to recommend adding some gold to your jewelry box. Whether you invest in a pair of vintage Chanel earrings, splurge on a gold watch, or opt to buy some gaudy gold accessories at the flea market, incorporate a little (or a lot) of gold into your look every now and then.
4. Don’t underestimate the power of your personal influence. While you are living your life, someone is watching and ultimately being influenced. Be mindful. This picture is just one example of the level of influence one phrase can have.
5. Fake it to you make it. It is absolutely OK to share perfectly curated images on the Gram (Instagram) of how you want your life to be perceived as long as you caption it with: On Instagram straight flexin! LOL!
6. Stop wasting energy trying explain your goals and visions to negative unbelievers. His lyric: “Don’t believe me just watch” is the perfect comeback for any person who has ever spoken negatively over your life.
7. As simple as it sounds always count your blessings. Regardless to the content of his music, this small reminder can have a significant impact on your mentality. Sometimes we get so caught up in the busyness of life that we fail to appreciate what we already have.