The Nail Files: Neon Highlight

Over the weekend I was inspired by the bright nail colors seen on celebs like on Katy Perry, Rihanna, and Kimora Lee. I decided to play around with the Milani polish I bought last month and try this seasons hottest color trend and rock neon nails!

nail polish: Milani Totally 80s | rings: Aldo| Charming CharlieCherry BombViolet

Neon polishes to try: Essie Funky Limelight| Illamasqua Rare| MAC Al Fredo |Priti NYC Devil’s Fig| Sally Hansen Green With Envy| Charlotte Russe neon |China Glaze Kiwi Cool-ada| American Apparel Neon

Are you going to highlight your nails with neon?

9 Comments

1. 04/01/2012 / 11:38 AM

I love the neon fad and your nails look awesome. I have the Illamasqua one, but haven’t tried it yet. I swiped on the MAC one in the store and it was just ok, not as bright as I would have imagined it to be. For some reason, I’m loving neon pinks and purples right now.

2. 04/01/2012 / 3:28 PM

I bought the Milani neon polish in Teal and it’s not neon at all. It’s a pretty color, but neon, not so much. I wanted the one that you have but it was sold out at the stores I checked.

3. Kim
    04/01/2012 / 4:29 PM

I just tried OPI Did It On ‘Em which is a yellowish/greenish color(kinda like the color in your pic). So fun and fab for Spring! I love trying new colors because it is a very inexpensive way to accessorize with color and add a little POW to your outfit!

4. 04/02/2012 / 11:31 AM

Love the yellow color. I am still on the fence whether it looks good on my dark skin tone.

5. 04/03/2012 / 2:00 PM

Oooh, I think I need that Milani color that you are wearing! That looks so good on you! And the jewelry, too. I have the neon Essie, Funky Limelight. It’s so bright, it’s obnoxious and I love it, lol!

6. Nicole
    04/03/2012 / 6:29 PM

Thanks everyone! I was on the fence about neons but after trying this color I’m definitely feeling neon brights for Spring and Summer! I’ll definitely be posting more throughout the season!

7. 04/04/2012 / 6:27 PM

I love the neon look, but not so much on me. I tend to do banana yellow; just as loud but more kind to my skin tone.

8. 04/09/2012 / 4:09 PM

I didn’t want to try neon yellow while I was working at my corporate job. Now that I’m no longer there, I finally did yellow and I LOVE it! Next up, neon green!