About a month ago I read a New York Times article- Straight Talk: A New Breed of Fashion Bloggers and I discovered Marcus Troy- a Black Canadian journalist and style blogger. I was immediately intrigued. As I was browsing through his archives I came across an interview where he discussed how to distinguish the difference between confidence and arrogance. I liked his response so I started following his site. A few days ago he posted his thoughts on style and taste based on his random Twitter rant. I missed his tweets but I read his thoughts and found 7 universal style and taste tips worth sharing.
- Style is not about the name brands you wear. Style is about how you put things together.
- Style is also about vision and a unique point of view in my opinion. Taking risk, being bold and confident in what you wear.
- The importance of style blogs are for style queues, ideas & reference points. But true style comes from within. No blog can give you that.
- I’ve encountered so many ladies who have the biggest misconception about style. It’s not only about the purse & the shoes in my opinion.
- Style is also about knowing Time & Place and knowing your age in style. Just my opinion.
- As you age, your clothes will change but your sense of having style should stay the same.
- Taste is also universal but so deep. You have to have a vast understanding & knowledge about things to have taste. You get what I am saying?