CAPFABB Meetup at Nectar

Last night the Capital Area Fashion & Beauty Bloggers hosted a beauty bash and blogger meet up at Nectar Skin Bar in Georgetown.

Let me just say Nectar is one of the cutest and chicest beauty spas I’ve been to in DC! It was too dark for me to get a good view of the backyard patio but I enjoyed the Voli Vodka low calorie cocktails. A mini bottle was included in our beauty swag bags!

DC bloggers enjoyed mini spa treatments and manicures!

The highlight of the spa tour was the bar ceiling followed by an elegant upper level warmly colored in purple and silver accents. This upscale beauty haven provides automatic relaxation when you walk into the private rooms. It is a must that I go to this place for a pedicure and wax!

DC bloggersBeLoudBeYou, StyleLustPages, Haute Off The Press, MsStarStyles

Blogger Winter and her freshly painted nails

Kristin from BeLoudBeYou

CAPFABB co-founder Lacey of A Lacey Perspective

Gwynne and her EarCandie
blogging duo from SpicyCandyDC
Victoria from Curious Chase

Cortnie of StyleLustPages

In between chatting with bloggers I was able to sample some of the beauty products. I’ll definitely be going back to Nectar Skin bar to get PrttyPeashun Skin Tight Body Lotion created by celebrity makeup artist Bethany Karlyn. I tested the lotion on my arms and chest and my skin was literally glowing! Just like the celebs!

I’m always incredibly flattered when people say they read my blog! I appreciate every single reader… it means a lot to me! (hugs) It was great to meet some of The Seventh District readers and other DC bloggers. Thanks to CAPFABB for a great meet up! I’ll be looking forward to the next one.

Nectar Skin Bar 1633 Wisconsin Ave. NW | nectarskinbar.com

14 Comments

1. 10/05/2011 / 8:43 AM

You cover really great local events! I will definitely make a stop at Nectar the next time I’m in Georgetown anyway.

2. 10/05/2011 / 9:02 AM

The ladies of DC looked fabulous last night. And as always, you took some amazing pictures! 🙂

3. 10/05/2011 / 10:41 AM

love this spa…i will be going back very soon! great pics

4. 10/05/2011 / 11:05 AM

Great pictures! Glad to have met you last night. And sorry for mixing up you and StyleLust Pages. In my eyes, both of you girls look alike. 🙂

• Nicole
        10/05/2011 / 11:39 PM

Nice meeting you IRL too! Thanks for the compliment! 🙂

5. 10/05/2011 / 8:10 PM

Thanks for the pics! And nice meeting you last night!

• Nicole
      10/05/2011 / 11:40 PM

It was great meeting you all as well!!! See you at the next event!

6. 10/06/2011 / 9:00 AM

Great meeting you on Tuesday! And great pics! I’m working on my signature pose *wink*

7. Siobhan
    10/06/2011 / 2:22 PM

That spa looks nice!! I don’t really do animal prints like that but LOVING the snake print pants and those band-aid earrings!!!! You capture some fab stuff!!

8. Dara
    10/07/2011 / 1:10 AM

I always feel like I’m right there with you when you cover events. These are wonderful pictures. All of your posts give me inspiration to do something different. On my list for the weekend – quick dip into H&M, thrift shopping, and pulling out my paint brushes to paint a picture! Thanks for also introducing me to other wonderful bloggers who also inspire. You are doing a great job. Keep up the excellent work!

9. Nicole
    10/09/2011 / 10:52 PM

awww thanks! *I’m blushing! Comments like this inspire me to keep blogging! Thank you such much for reading The Seventh District! 🙂